A little more than a year ago, on September 11, 2018, SpotLight TV’s Jason Feinberg interviewed Michael Markowski about a “day of reckoning” or crash coming for the US stock market. In the interview Mr. Markowski explained why the six technology stocks which comprised his FANGAM index would be the cause of the crash.
Mr. Feinberg interviewed Mr. Markowski since he is a market crash expert. Mr. Markowski develops and utilizes algorithms to make long and short predictions for the market and also for individual stocks. He predicted the 2008 crash of the US’ five largest brokers including Lehman, Bear Stearns and Merrill Lynch in September 2007 and the June 2016 Brexit crash in articles which were published by third party publisher Equities.com.
The purpose of this article is to review Mr. Markowski’s predictions for the 12 months period which began on September 11, 2018 and ended on September 10, 2019. The video below is about Mr. Markowski’s rationale for predicting the crash and is an excerpt from his full interview.
On October 9, 2018, Mr. Markowski’s article entitled “Day of Reckoning Approaching for Market” which summarized the rationale for the crash that he had provided in his interview was published by Equities.com. On October 10, 2018, the very next day the US market began its Q4 2018 crash. The S&P 500 declined by 3.3%, experiencing its largest single day closing loss since January 2009.
The leaders of the crash were three of the six companies, Amazon, Google/Alphabet and Netflix in Mr. Markowski’s FANGAM index. See October 2018 crash articles:
- “Why Netflix Inc. Shares Plunged Today”, Motley Fool, 10/10/18
- “Stocks tumble on weak results at Amazon, Alphabet”, New York Post, 10/26/18
- “The stock market lost more than $2 trillion in October”, CNBC, 10/31/18
- “Why Did Netflix, Inc. Shares Drop 19% in October?, Nasdaq, 11/11/18
Mr. Feinberg, in his interview, asked Mr. Markowski to rank the six technology stock members of FANGAM from least to most risky. His most risky were Netflix, Amazon and Apple. The least risky were Google/Alphabet and Microsoft. Video below is another excerpt from interview about Mr. Markowski’s rationale for least to most risky FANGAM member rankings.
The table below contains the performance statistics of the six FANGAM stocks for the 12 months which began on September 11, 2018 and ended on September 10, 2019.
Based on the above table; Mr. Markowski’s track record for predicting the 2018 crash, the cause of the crash and ranking the least to most risky tech stocks speaks for itself.
See October 2018, Spotlight TV press releases about Michael Markowski:
- Visionary Market Analyst Michael Markowski Predicted the Third-Largest Drop in Dow’s History, 10/17/2018
- Post-Crash Interview of Analyst who Predicted FANG Led Stock Crash Airs on National Television, 10/26/2018
- Dynasty Wealth’s Crash and Startups Expert Scheduled as Keynote Speaker at Unbound Startup Event, 10/26/2018